The Judging Process
Phase 1: Public voting
Voting forms are made available at participating restaurants and hotels. Customers receive the form with their bill at the end of their meal and vote for their favourite restaurants across 14 categories.
All votes are collated by Apex and three finalists are named in each category on the basis of the number of votes received. In the previous competition, the number of votes received was 418,000.
Phase 1: Judging
The three finalists in each category will be judged by a carefully selected panel to decide the winners. The identity of the judges is kept secret from both the public and the participating restaurants and are only revealed on the night of the gala dinner and awards ceremony.
The panel will include people with the relevant experience or background whom represent Oman’s multicultural society. Last year's judges were: Ali Hassan Moosa, Janet Wilson, Dr. Lamya Harub, Richard Weetch and Dr. Said Alamki.
The esteemed panel utilise judging criteria that was developed in consultation with industry experts. On completion, the scores given by the judges are added to determine the winner.
The competition and event is also promoted from the voting period until the main event online at www.muscatdaily.com and also via Apex Media’s social media channels.
- Advertisements will be placed from August 2019 until December 2019 to attract participants, announce finalists and to market table sales for the final gala dinner.
- Approximately 20 advertisements will be published in Muscat Daily and 11 in The Week, all advertisements will include Main Sponsor’s branding, which will be set separately and in larger font as befitting the main sponsor.
- Projection screens next to the stage will display Main Sponsor’s logo between stage activities.
- One table for 10 people free of cost at the main event - Valued at RO550
- Advertising boards, pull-up banners or video screens may be placed at the awards dinner event venue, subject to mutual agreement on numbers and placement.
- Main Sponsor branding as the headline event sponsor on Muscat Daily homepage, linking back to your website.
- Main Sponsor will be introduced as the main sponsor at the gala dinner and a representative of your choice will be invited on stage to be presented with an Oman Restaurant Award sponsor trophy.
- Main Sponsor Logo included on the menu placed on each table.
- Envelopes containing information on your company may be placed on every chair at the gala dinner.
- An interview with Main Sponsor’s senior management in Muscat Daily or ‘theweek' newspaper between December 2019 and January 2020 to further promote the sponsor’s achievements /products.
Branded Promotional advertisements
20 x ½ Page Insertions in Muscat Daily= RO 40, 240
*11 x Full Page Insertions in theweek = RO 21,395
Editorial coverage (Approximation)= RO 8,000
Event Branding & Support Material = RO 1,000